Working late last night, I managed to figure out got to take apart my seat covers and insert my capacitance sensor.
Oh ya also, note to future self, don’t use 10 awg ground wire … I had to change all the wire routing in my car because it was to hard to work with.
I’ve also placed my Arduino in a protective case. Attached behind my rear view mirror with Velcro.
I’ve t-tapped into my constant-on 12v line from my ceiling light. This way I can have my vehicle constantly monitoring. I’ll be purchasing a lithium battery booster today until I can assess the power used by my system … I also haven’t setup any safeguards against battery drain in my code yet … I’ll have to look into that.
Today, I have school. So tomorrow I’ll have to go to Lee’s again to get a new LCD display. I would have had this done by now but my first one burnt out during the original accidental short (read: blowup). Also, when I bought my second one I didn’t read that it was for the raspberry pi.