So today I fixed up the lift caused by the cork underneath the floor. It was only happening where one cork sheet met the other. I decided to disconnect them from each other and proceed to double-sided tape one to the ground (weak tape so it doesn’t ruin the original floor) and then duct tape the whole seam. The duct tape is heavy and malleable enough to fit the shape of the floor. It worked like a charm.
I also proceeded to re-install the base boards. Jenn did a sound pressure test with my sound meter set for A-Weighted Slow response. My hammering was about 75dB (1-meter from the source) 65dB in the other room with my door closed … I’d say that translates to about 55dB for the neighbor downstairs … lets hope he wasn’t home. Either way it was only for 10-15 minutes and only started after noon. I’m doing this for him anyway, this floor will increase his enjoyment of life as he hates walking noise so much.
On a side note, Jenn notices his balcony is not up to strata by-laws … hehe. He’s got this old piece of junk armoir/sink thing with a bunch of garbage hanging off the top. 1st, its not safe. 2nd, its an eye sore. I won’t say anything unless he gives me any more trouble.